Let’s be honest: when was the last time you paid any attention to your trusty gym companion – the gym bag?
Well, if you’re like me, your gym bag has seen better days and desperately needs an upgrade.
All that careless handling and dirt buildup from sweaty workout gear has made sure it looks (and smells) bad enough to warrant a replacement.
Lucky for you, I upgraded my gym bag recently – I’m here to share all the goodness I’ve found with you!
Let’s take a look at some of the best gym bags for women, shall we?
TOP 17 Best Gym Bags for Women 2019
Holyluck Drawstring Gym Sackpack
Review: If you’re looking for a no-frills and affordable gym bag, I see no reason to pass up on HOLYLUCK’s offering. The gym sack pack is made with high-quality, thick polyester material that is washable and durable.
You can also rest easy if you’re ever caught in the rain with the backpack – it’s water-resistant so all your electronics will stay dry and protected.
Hate dealing with zippers when you’re trying to take out your shoes? Me too. The bag comes fitted with a drawstring for easy access to your gym accessories.
- Drawstring closures – get easy access to your belongings so you can spend more time working out.
- Water-resistant material – you never have to worry about frying your phone even if your friend accidentally spills protein shake on your bag.
- Size – the bag has enough storage space for gym shoes, clothes, and essentials like your phone and wallet.
- Issues with zipper stitching.
Its affordable price makes Holyluck’s drawstring gym sack pack the best ladies gym bag for those on a tight budget.
Under Armour Undeniable Duffle 2.0 Gym Bag
Review: Need a do-it-all bag that has a roomy interior to fit your spare clothing, gym accessories, protein powder, pre-workout, snacks, and shoes?
If I hadn’t chanced upon Under Armour’s Undeniable Duffle 2.0 Gym Bag, I might have thought that you were asking for too much.
But this bag really delivers.
You can easily fit three protein powder bottles within the bag, and still, have space for your essentials. Additionally, this bag has been built to last. It features sturdy, abrasion-resistant bottom and side panels that ensure that you never have to baby your bag when you go for workouts.
- Adjustable Heatgear shoulder strap – easily throw the bag over your shoulder and get going for the day.
- Water-resistance finish – carry all your essentials with you.
- Roomy interior – fit everything you need for a good workout with room to spare.
If you’ve got the cash to spare, go for Under Armour’s Undeniable Duffle 2.0 Gym Bag. Its durability and available storage space make it one of the best women’s gym duffel bag you can possibly find.
Adidas Alliance II Sackpack
Review: Sometimes, you just want a light-weight, no-frills bag that carries all your workout gear to and from the gym. Well, then the Alliance II Sackpack from Adidas should be your top choice.
It comes with a large compartment that you can easily access with drawstring closure.
Do you frequently struggle with nasty-smelling gym clothes after your workout? You’ll no longer have to pinch your nose as you remove your sweat-soaked tights from the bag – it features air mesh ventilation that will help dry your gym apparel.
- Front zippered pocket – comes lined with soft tricot fabric: you can store your valuables safely, and separately from the rest of your belongings.
- Two side mesh pockets – these are deep enough for you to carry water bottles.
- Drawstring closure – provides easy access to your belongings.
This is an excellent choice for you if you prefer to keep your gym bag separate from your work bag.
Nike Brasilia Training Gymsack
Review: I absolutely hate it when I have two training sessions planned, and my clean gear for my second session gets dirty from coming into contact with the morning’s sweat-stained clothes. You hate it too?
Great, then you’ll appreciate the interior divider that this bag comes with.
Also, the gym bag is designed with a mesh panel at the bottom – this helps air your sweat-drenched gym gear. Don’t let the seemingly small size of the bag fool you: it actually comes complete with a side zipper that allows you to store valuables securely.
- Water-resistant 600D fabric – helps keep your gear dry.
- Mesh panel – airs your gym gear, so you don’t faint when you’re taking out your clothes for washing.
- Interior divider – separates your sweaty workout gear from the clean equipment.
- It does not provide structure, it might look bulky and weird if you put gym shoes inside.
An excellent option for those looking for a high-performing, affordable gym sack pack.
Review: Can’t be bothered with getting yourself a separate shoe bag for the gym?
Great news: Boost’s gym bag comes fitted with a shoe compartment, so you never have to worry about needing to separate your shoes for hygiene purposes.
You don’t have to worry about foul-smelling post-workout clothes as well. The bag is made from high-quality oxford fabric that is breathable and allows for ventilation.
Also, it features many multifunctional pockets that you can make use of to separate your essentials and towels.
- Adjustable strap – you can choose to carry like a handbag, or like a cross bag; whichever is more comfortable for you.
- Separate shoe compartment – keep your shoes away from your face towels without needing to buy a separate shoe bag.
- Multifunctional pockets – easily organize all your belongings.
- The hook is prone to breaking.
Other than its occasional durability issues, this bag’s unbeatable price makes it one of the best women’s gym bag with shoe compartment.
Mouteeno Gym Sports Duffel Bag
Review: If you’re looking for a compact gym bag that still comes with many functional compartments for organization, look no further. Mouteeno’s sports duffel bag comes with a zipped shoe compartment so you can keep your shoes and clean gear separate.
It also comes with a front pocket that easily fits your wallet and phone, with much room to spare.
The bag has been designed to be sturdy and durable. You’ll never need to replace this bag because of torn seams, or malfunctioning zippers – it’s sewn with sturdy nylon threads and is fitted with SBS metal zippers that are well-known for their quality.
- Many multi-functional compartments – easily organize your gym gear, so you don’t have to spend additional time finding your accessories.
- Separate shoe compartment – keeps your stinky shoes away from your clean gear.
- Sturdy and durable – you don’t have to worry about needing to replace your bag every month or so.
- It does not come with featured long straps; you’ll have to purchase it yourself.
All in all, an excellent choice for those who’d like a roomier gym bag that offers multiple functional compartments for organization. Definitely one of the best gym bags for women!
Review: For those looking for a stylish gym bag that can double as a weekend get-away bag, there’s no better choice than MarsBro’s duffel bag. It comes with a built-in shoe compartment that is meant to keep your shoes and clean gear separate.
Do you sweat profusely, and often soak through your shoes? No worries – the shoe compartment is fitted with air holes that help ventilate your footwear. No more stinky shoes!
The bag is made from durable, anti-tearing 600D polyester fabric; you never have to feel bad about tossing your bag around in the weights room.
- Stylish design – don’t just bring it to the gym; you can also carry it with you on overnight excursion trips.
- Ample storage space – easily fits all your necessary gym gear within.
- Separate shoe compartment – keeps your shoes away from your face towels.
You cannot go wrong with Marsbro’s stylish rendition of a gym duffel bag. This is the best gym bag for ladies who prefer versatile bags that they can carry along on excursion trips.
Nike Women’s Gym Club Duffel Bag
Review: Spacious, stylish, functional, and durable – these are the four adjectives that perfectly describe Nike’s women’s gym club duffel bag.
It is made of water-repellent fabric that helps to keep all your gear dry: you’ll never need to skip a workout because you were caught in a rain!
The bag is very spacious. You’ll find that it provides you with all the space you’d need to carry all your gym gear to and from your workouts. Secure your small items with the bag’s side zip pocket as well.
- Water-resistant fabric – keeps your handphone and electronics dry.
- Adjustable shoulder strap – allows for versatile carrying: decide how high, or low you want your bag to drape across your body.
- Dual handles – choose to hand-carry, or throw over your shoulder; it’s entirely up to you.
- It does not come with a separate shoe compartment.
This bag more than makes up for its lack of a separate shoe compartment with its functionality and spaciousness. Definitely one of the best women’s gym bags available in the market.
Under Armour Women’s Multi-Tasker Tote
Review: I don’t know about you, but my gym bags get smelly pretty fast. If you work out frequently, I’m sure you hate washing your gym bags as much as I do. Some gym bags can only be hand-washed, while others take forever and a day to dry.
Luckily, none of the above apply to Under Armour’s women’s multi-tasker tote.
This bag is made from 100% polyester and is completely machine-washable. It dries extremely quickly as well, so you can wash throw it in the washing machine and be able to use it just a few hours later. Perfect for the busy, active woman!
- Machine-washable – you can bid farewell to hand-washing your gym bag every week.
- Zippered top – allows easy access to your belongings.
- Soft, media pocket – store your phones and small tablets securely.
- It does not have space for gym shoes.
This is the best women’s gym tote bag for anyone who finds it icky to carry shoes in the same bag as all their workout gear.
All you need is just a separate shoe bag, and you’re ready to conquer the gym!
Jadyn B 19 Barrel Women's Duffel Bag
Review: Hate it when you mix up your gym bag with someone else’s? You’ll no longer mistakenly bring home a random person’s foul-smelling bag of sweat-drenched gear if you opt for Jadyn B’s duffel bag.
It comes in a variety of funky and colorful patterns that will help you stand out from the crowd. Don’t take the bag for just a pretty face though: it offers ample space for your essentials and comes with reinforced metal clips and zippers.
- Colorful patterns – stand out from a sea of boring, single-colored gym bags.
- Easy access front pocket – get to your valuables quicker.
- Adjustable shoulder strap – allows for versatile carrying; decide how low or high you want the bag to drape.
- Inconsistency in quality.
Definitely one of the best gym bags for women in 2019 for those wishing to stand out from the crowd.
Vooray Roadie Gym Duffle Bag
Review: As its name suggests, the Vooray’s Roadie gym duffel bag is meant to double as a get-away bag.
Its roomy design ensures that you can easily fit all your workout gear – shoes, clothes, pre-workout, and protein powder – while still having space for your sleepover essentials.
Perfect if your friends are just as crazy about the gym like you! The bag is also made from 600D polyester fabric with a moisture-resistant nylon interior.
This helps ensure that whatever you store inside remains safe and dry, no matter the outside elements.
- Ultra-durable design – you don’t have to baby this bag; it was built to last.
- Heavy-duty zippers and clips – never worry about having to replace your gym bag because of stuck zippers or broken clips.
- Vibrant, playful patterns – easily differentiate your bag from others.
- It comes with a strong smell that disappears after a few uses.
If you like a versatile gym bag that you can carry with you for overnight stays, this should be your first choice.
Puma Evercat Align Women’s Duffel
Review: Okay, how cute is this bag? This gorgeous bag comes with subtle rose gold zippers and clips. Definitely an ideal choice for gym rats who prefer to have the best of both worlds – style, and substance.
The bag is made with 100% polyester fabric. It is, therefore, breathable and roomy. It comes fitted with the main exterior pocket that allows you to stash away your valuables securely.
You can also choose to sling it over your shoulders or hand-carry it – it comes with both shoulder straps and hand-straps.
- 100% polyester – a lightweight, breathable fabric that airs your dirty workout apparel.
- Roomy interior – easily fits all your essential gym gear.
- Material is on the thinner side.
This should be your first choice if you’re looking for an affordable, stylish, and breathable gym bag. In my opinion, this is one of the best gym bags for women in 2019.
Amatory Drawstring Gym Backpack
Review: Always stayed clear of sack packs because they don’t offer you a separate compartment for your gym shoes? Meet Amatory’s backpack. The bag is designed with a single big pocket in the front that is spacious enough to fit your shoes.
What excuses do you have not to buy this bag now? Also, if you’re as careless of a person as I am, you’d be glad to know that its outer fabric is entirely waterproof.
Keep your electronics safe from any random coffee or tea spills!
- Drawstring closure – provides easy access to your gym gear.
- Separate shoe compartment – keeps your shoes away from your clean clothes.
- Waterproof outer fabric – never worry about accidental liquid spills on your bag.
- Specific individuals may find the brand name troubling.
Always wanted a sack pack but never got one because you couldn’t stuff your shoes in it? This is the bag for you: it’s one of the best gym bags for women in 2019.
Venture Pal Drawstring Sackpack
Review: Keep the heavy lifting in the gym: stay away from heavy backpacks with this lightweight drawstring sack pack from Venture Pal. This bag comes with one main compartment and 5 separate pockets.
And the most impressive feature?
It’s designed with an inner wet pocket that helps separate your soggy mess of post-workout clothes from your clean belongings.
That’s not all either: it comes fitted with an interior pocket that is spacious enough for shoes! Consider me sold.
- Two side mesh pockets – secure storage of your water bottles.
- Interior waterproof divider – you don’t have to bring additional bags to separate your wet gear from dry ones.
- Drawstring closure – allows easy access to your belongings.
- Might have an awful smell when new: goes away after a while.
This is one of the most impressive gym sack packs I’ve ever seen. You’ll not go wrong with choosing this.
Review: Just want something big and pink? HYC00’s gym bag is right up your alley then. The bag is designed with a separate shoe compartment that keeps your shoes away from your clean clothes.
Also, it’s made with water-resistant material so you can easily store your wet and dry gym gear separately. It comes with an adjustable, detachable strap – you can choose to carry it as a handbag or as a cross bag.
- Separate shoe compartment – keeps your dirty apparel away from your clean gear.
- Water resistant material – separates your sweat-drenched leggings from your face towels.
- Spacious – easily fits everything you need for a fantastic workout.
- It only comes in one color: pink.
Choose this if you want a bag that is both aesthetically pleasing and functional.
Review: Seamlessly hop from your sweat session at the gym, to brunch in town with this ultra-stylish sack pack. The Rumble Sackpack from Adidas comes with ample storage space so you can carry everything you need for your workout and the rest of your day.
Always hated how thin straps dug into your shoulders?
Well, the bag comes fitted with thick gauge cording – you can now leave your worries about unsightly red marks left by your gym bag behind!
- Drawstring closure – allows easy access to your belongings.
- 100% polyester material – comes with mesh fabric that helps ventilate your sweaty gear.
- Zippered pocket – enables secure storage of your valuables.
An ideal choice for the busy, active woman who has no time to change bags between running errands.
FocusGear Ultimate Gym Bag 2.0
Review: Never search endlessly for your lifting straps again with the Ultimate Gym Bag 2.0 by FocusGear. The bag comes with 10 compartments to keep your equipment organized. Yes, you read that right: 10!
You can keep your protein powder in one, valuables in one, and sunglasses in another; you’d still have room to spare! This should definitely be your top choice if you care deeply about knowing where all your gear is.
- Separate shoe compartment – helps with hygiene.
- 2 wet pockets – separate your wet items and sweaty clothes from the rest of your gear.
- Durable – you don’t have to baby your bag; you just need to focus on getting a good workout in.
- Shoulder strap does not stay in place sometimes.
For those looking for a bag that does all the organization, so they don’t have to, this is definitely one of the best gym bags for women of 2019.
What to Keep in Mind Before Buying a Gym Bag
Here’s a short and straightforward guide to what you need to look out for before parting with your money:
Gym Bag Material
The price tag of your gym bag mainly depends on this factor. Do you need your bag to be entirely made out of polyester so you can throw it in the washing machine?
Or would you prefer that your bag is made out of canvas so you can look more put together when paired with your outfit? Think about the specific look and functionality that you’re looking for in a bag.
The Number of Compartments
Are you someone who likes to keep your shoes away from your face towels? You’ll have to choose a gym bag that features a separate shoe compartment then.
If there is a little bit of a Marie Kondo in you, opt for bags that come with many pockets and slots.
It is essential to decide what kind of straps and handles you are most comfortable with.
Do you prefer carrying your bag with hand straps, or would you like to sling the bag over your shoulder? Base your buying decision on this.
Are you happy tossing everything you have into one large compartment, or do you prefer to know where everything is at any given point? That’s one question you should ask yourself. Ultimately, your choice of a gym bag should reflect your current lifestyle needs.
Hopefully, you’ve managed to find the perfect bag to replace your beaten-up college gym bag from this comprehensive list of some of the best gym bags for women.
I mean, it’s about time, girl! Love content like this? Well, then you won’t regret subscribing to our newsletter!
We provide free access to downloadable guides and workout plans in our emails – you don’t want to miss out!